Chocolate Coffee Banana Donuts
Delicious and surprisingly Paleo. They taste like banana bread.
- 3 bananas
- 5 dates, pitted
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ? cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoons ground coffee
- coarse sea salt (to top donuts-optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bananas, honey, and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add the eggs, coconut flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt to your food processor and puree until completely combined.
- Grease your donut pan and pour ingredients into pan. My ingredients made 6 perfect donuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through (poke a toothpick through one to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Once donuts are cool, melt your chocolate in a shallow bowl and mix in your ground coffee.
- Now dip the top of your donut directly into the melted chocolate, then top with a bit of coarse sea salt.